Saturday, September 17, 2011

What's shakin' bacon?

Hello everyone!
I am kicking myself in the butt for not writing a post for almost a MONTH! Jeeeeze!  Oh well....I shall forgive myself for being lame and move on.

So things have been shaking pretty okay as of late. Vinnie just started working at Moe's Southwest Grill (WELCOME TO MOE'S!) this week and he is enjoying it so far and doing well.  We are so grateful to finally have extra income so we don't have to panic every month about which bills get paid and which don't.
Thank you God!  :D

You know that old adage?...."When it rain's it pours?"....well that usually is used in reference to hard times, BUT today I am using it in the good sense.  For those of you who don't know, my husband's profession is electrical test engineering.  He used to work for NASA.  Guess you could actually call him a "rocket man." Haha!  At any rate, a golf cart company in Augusta,  GA called him this week and he wound up getting a phone interview with the company on Thursday.  It went EXTREMELY well and they said they would call him back within a week to set up an in person interview in GA.  They got back to him in a week alright.....they called him the NEXT day!  :))))  He has an in person interview with the company on Monday afternoon and they are SUPER excited about (hopefully) hiring him!

My husband is a very smart man and while I am just as proud of him working at Moe's as I was when he worked for NASA.......I want him to have a job that makes use of his amazing skills and talents and challenges his mind.  He needs that to be happy.  Me, I'm perfectly happy sitting home reading a book all day.....please don't challenge my mind anymore than that!  I'm good! lol

Back to Vinnie......please say some prayers, send some good vibes or just clink your morning coffee in a toast of good luck to my sweet husband for his interview Monday.  It would be such a wonderful and amazing blessing if he gets this job in GA.  Plus....we wouldn't have to move from SC!  It's about an 1.5 hour drive one way to where he would work, but he said he used to drive that far for a job he had when he worked in TX, so if he is willing to drive each day, that's fine by me!

Things are looking up for us.....and I hope, whoever you are reading my wandering thoughts on this day, that things in your life are looking up for you too.

xo
Jessica

2 comments:

  1. great news! hard work and perseverance pay off. and he has obviously been working hard by taking the job at moe's while he's still looking for something that is more along the lines of his skillset.

    keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Steph! Will do! He has been working hard indeed. There are +'s and -"s for him staying at moe's or going to work for the new company in GA....but I'm leaving it in God's hands where it should be and HE will decide what is best for us and take care of us as He always does. :)

    ReplyDelete