Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Day 8 of giving thanks

To continue on with yesterday's post, I am now on track to do my daily "thankful" post for the rest of this wonderful month!  These posts will be short, but sweet......which will be a nice break for those of you who do read my blog.....since my posts are usually juuuuust a tad on the longish side....hehehe  :)

November 8th.  Today I am thankful for the wonderful parents of my students.  I teach a little boy who has a mild form of autism and he is such a joy! We'll call him "Johnny."  I tell Johnny's mom all the time that I wish I had a class of full of kids just like him.  He is one of the kindest, most loving and genuine children I have ever had the pleasure to teach and care for.  He is one of those kids that 20 years from now, I will remember clear as a bell.  The fact that he is such a wonderful human being is because he has amazing parents....and I do mean AMAZING! They are the sincerest of people and they take care of everyone whose path they cross.  They want to do right by their children as well as the people who care for and love their children.  I am lucky enough to be one of those people. 

They just found out about Vinnie moving to Idaho for work and are now making it their mission to find him a GOOD job back here in SC.  They have connections with SCANA, SCDOT and one of the chemical engineering plants in Blythewood!  Working at any one of these companies would be a dream come true for me and Vinnie.  In life (and especially in the south, it seems) everything is about connections and this totally applies when looking for work.  Johnny's parent's help could be the answer to our prayers and even if nothing comes of their job hunting and connections for Vinnie, at least I am being reminded of just how kind and wonderful people can be, especially when you need it the most and when you least expect it.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment