Monday, November 7, 2011

A month of Thanks-giving

I saw that a Facebook friend of mine has been posting something she is thankful for as her status each day this month.  I really thought the idea was excellent but decided to steal it instead for use on my blog.....

Obviously I am several days behind in starting this new mini project so I am simply going to think back and list the things I was thankful for these past 7 days.  A lot has changed in my life in this first week of November, but I can think back to each of these days and tell you quiet easily what I was most thankful for each day.  If you read my previous post, they should be very easy for you to understand.

November 1st. I am thankful for webcams and Skype so I can see my husband who is now in Idaho for work :(

November 2nd. I am thankful for unlimited mobile to mobile cell phone minutes so that I can keep my husband on the phone all night long and be comforted by the fact that I can hear him snoring, and therefore I know he is sleeping soundly <3

November 3rd. I am thankful for websites like Hulu that allow me and my husband to watch our favorite tv shows together online, which brings smiles and laughter to both of us....which we especially need during this time.

November 4th. I am thankful for the love and support of my mother and my dear friends who got me through my first week of Vinnie's absence.  I am so blessed to have such an amazing mother who always knows the right things to say, and friends who can give me a hug over the phone, just as well as if they were standing right next to me.

November 5th. I am thankful for hot chocolate and whipped cream and how it always comforts me on cold mornings when I am alone or sad or both.

November 6th. I am thankful impromptu coffee dates with longtime friends. (Hugs to my girl Ashley!)

November 7th.  I am thankful for holiday scented potpourri tarts that make my room smell like Christmas and warm my heart while my love is away...

I know some of those things might be random, but the point of this whole exercise (in my opinion anyway) is to remind us all, that no matter what is happening in our lives right now, we all have things to be thankful for....and it's remembering to stop and be thankful that is most important of all, during this time of year, and the whole year through.

No comments:

Post a Comment